As dog owners ourselves, the team at Xtra Dog are aware of the dog poo issues! We all know that we have to clean up after our dogs and are also aware that this needs to be as easy as possible. There are lots of excellent products on the market, but can prove very expensive. So we have sourced cost-effective solutions to making picking your dog’s poop as easy as possible.
Xtra Dog has sourced in California a great range of poo bag duffels with biodegradable scented bags from Doggie Walk Bags. These stylish duffels hold a single roll of bags. They also offer muti-packs of refils in two sizes, a standard size and an extra wide size for bigger jobs!
All in all, Xtra Dog has your dog mess covered!
There are many myths about dog poo, but here are the facts:
1. Unlike cow poo or horse poo, dog poo will burn your lawn so it is not good as a fertiliser. It will make the grass fade and ruin your garden.
2. Dog poo was classified as a dangerous pollutant by the US Environmental Protection Agency, and is in the same category as some toxic chemicals.
3. You may not live near water, but un-scooped poo is carried by overland water flow or is washed into storm drains, ending up in far away streams, rivers and ground water.
4. The U.S. Center for Disease Control and Prevention says that dog poo can spread parasites including hookworms, ringworms, tapeworms and Salmonella. When infected dog poop comes into contact with your lawn, the poop will eventually ‘disappear’, but the parasite eggs can linger for years! When a human or animal comes into contact with that soil through everyday activities like walking barefoot, gardening or playing, they risk infection from those eggs … even years after the poop is gone.
5. Pet waste is teeming with E. Coli and other harmful bacteria including faecal coliform bacteria, which causes serious kidney disorders, intestinal illness, cramps and diarrhoea in humans.
6. Dog poo often contains roundworm larvae which cause blindness. If a human ingests a roundworm larva, it can migrate through the body causing disease to the brain, lungs, kidneys, liver, heart or eyes. So when people (especially children) touch soil, dog toys or anything that has been in contact with dog faeces and then touch their mouths, they can become infected.
REMEMBER – Dog poop doesn’t just ‘wash away’ or disappear. So if you’re not disposing of your dog’s waste, you’re putting yourself, your family, your dog and your water supply at risk.
View basket “Designer Duffel Poo Bag Dispenser – Black Solid” has been added to your basket.